Friday, November 11, 2016

Why The Little Lotus Project?

The idea of the Lotus symbolizing our journey is admittedly not my original idea.  Rather, it comes from the inspiration of another amazingly strong woman who battled infertility.  I'm sure if I searched I could find her original post about it, but I distinctly remember her Facebook post about the Lotus and what the Lotus represents for her... and it stuck with me.

The message I took to heart from her story was this:

The Lotus is a beautiful flower.  Yet, it grows from murky, muddy waters.  Who would have thought that out of such conditions something so beautiful could flourish?That something so beautiful could happen?  

I absolutely loved this perspective and analogy.

Our previous cycle we talked about our Bright Star.  Bright Star is my middle name (or rather, the English meaning of my birth name, Hye Kyeong).

After our first failed cycle, I wanted to rename and refocus our journey.  Last time, the blog focused primarily on the basic happenings of our cycle and the feelings associated with it.  This time, I want it to be more.  I want it to be inspirational and educational for those directly or indirectly dealing with infertility.

Choosing to go public again was not a decision we made lightly - especially for me.  While the majority of people in our lives have been incredibly kind and supportive, I have come across instances where not only was I met with a complete lack of understanding - but I was met with hostility.  Never did I think our pain, nightmare and struggle through infertility would be used as a method of inflicting emotional attacks.  I truly did not feel safe being open about our infertility and did not want to open the door for further mocking.

I want to end this first post by saying thank you.  Thank you to the more than 50 people who shared our story.  Thank you to those who have privately messaged us.  Thank you to those who have donated to our campaign.

Please feel free to let me know what you'd like to learn or know in future posts, aside from our personal journey updates.  

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
and never fails to bear fruit.”
- Jeremiah 17:7-8


Love,

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment